- LogMeIn Legal
- Privacy Overview
- Anti-Spam Policy
- Terms of Service
- Service Descriptions
- Contracting Entities
- English Sample Data Processing Addendum
- Payment Remittance Table
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) Notice
- Trademark and Other Intellectual Property Information
- LogMeIn Community Terms & Conditions
- LogMeIn Open Source Software Disclosure
- LogMeIn Referral Program
- GoTo Referral Program
- Digital Properties List
- Code of Practice Ombudsmen – UK
Last Updated on February 1, 2017
EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor
GetGo participates in and has certified compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. GetGo has committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List.
GetGo is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under the Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequent transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. GetGo complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred to the Privacy Shield Framework, GetGo is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, GetGo may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, you may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
GetGo participates in and has self-certified compliance with the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce. GetGo has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To view GetGo’s certification and learn more about the Safe Harbor program.
- Information We Collect and Receive
- How We Use the Information We Collect and Receive
- Analytics, Cookies and Other Web Site Technologies
- Information Sharing
- Accessing Your Data
- Changes to this Statement/Contact Us
Information We Collect and Receive
We collect several different types of information in order to provide Services to you including:
Customer Account Data: This includes information used to create your account with us such as
first and last name, billing information, a password and a valid email address to be used as a login.
Session Information: Session information is information about activities and events associated with the use of our services. This can include “in-session” information about screen sharing, keyboard/mouse control, webcam and audio usage, attentiveness of participants, text chat or other content exchanged during a session, features and content such as polls and handouts.
Services Information: Services Information includes schedules, attendee lists, subject names, email addresses, names, session records, meeting recordings, and any other information used to access GetGo services, use the services or while in session using one of the services.
Third Party Data: We may receive information about you from other sources, including publicly available databases or third parties from whom we have purchased data, and combine this data with information we already have about you. We may also receive information from other affiliated companies that are a part of our corporate group. This helps us to update, expand and analyze our records, identify new prospects for marketing, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you.
Usage and Log Data: We also gather data on how the services are accessed and used, including connection information, information about the device you are using the Services on, IP addresses, location information, language settings, what operating system you are using, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data to help us support the Services.
How We Use the Information We Collect and Receive
GetGo may access (which may include limited viewing or listening with consent) and use the data we collect as necessary (a) to provide and maintain the Services; (b) to address service, security, and customer support issues both proactively and at your request; (c) to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, unlawful, or technical issues; (d) as required by law (d) to fulfill our Customer agreements; (e) to improve and enhance the Services; (f) to provide analysis or valuable information back to our Customers and users.
Some specific examples of how we use the information:
- Fulfill your account creation request
- Send you an order confirmation
- Facilitate and improve the usage of the services you have ordered
- Assess the needs of your business to determine suitable products
- Send you requested product or service information
- Send product updates
- Respond to customer support requests and answer questions
- Administer your account
- Send you marketing communications
- Respond to your questions and concerns
- Improve our website and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis
- Display content based upon your interests
- Analyze data, including through automated systems and machine learning to improve our services and/or your experience
Provide you information about your use of the services and benchmarks, insights and suggestions for improvements
GetGo also collects and stores meeting attendee information in order to fulfill our obligation to our customers and provide the Services. With their consent, we may also directly provide product and other GetGo related information to attendees. GetGo will retain your information for as long as your account with us is active, to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you wish to cancel your account or for us to stop providing you services, or if we hold personal information about you and you want it to be removed from our database or inactivated, please contact us here.
- Analytics, Cookies and Other Web Site Technologies
GetGo is continuously improving our websites and our products and we utilize different third party web analytics tools to help us do so. We are interested in how visitors use our websites, our desktop tools, our mobile applications, what they like and dislike, and where they have problems. We maintain ownership of this data and we do not share this type of data about individual users with third parties.
Geolocation and Other Data:
We may utilize precise Geolocation data but only if you specifically opt-in to collection of such data in connection with a particular service. We also use information such as IP addresses to determine the general geographic locations areas of our visitors. The web beacons used in conjunction with these web analytics tools may gather data such as what browser a person uses, what operating systems are used, domain names, MIME types, what is downloaded, and what content, products and services are reviewed when visiting or registering for services at one of our websites or using one of our mobile applications.
Google Analytics and Adobe Marketing Cloud:
We use Google Analytics as described in “How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps.” You can prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics on websites by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on here. We also employ IP address masking, a technique used to truncate IP addresses collected by Google Analytics and store them in an abbreviated form to prevent them from being traced back to individual users. Portions of our website may also use Google Analytics for Display Advertisers including DoubleClick or Dynamic Remarketing which provide interest-based ads based on your visit to this or other websites. You can use Ads Settings to manage the Google ads you see and opt-out of interest-based ads. We also use Adobe Marketing Cloud as described here. You can opt-out of use of this information as described below.
Examples of Cookies We Use:
We use these cookies to operate our websites.
Some cookies are essential for the operation of GetGo websites. If a user chooses to disable these cookies, the user will not be able to access all of the content and features.
We use these cookies to remember your preferences.
These cookies are used to serve you with advertisements that we believe are relevant to you and your interests.
These cookies are used for general security purposes and user authentication.
We use security cookies to authenticate users, prevent fraudulent use of login credentials, and protect user data from access by unauthorized parties.
Examples of sharing with service providers may include:
GetGo communicates with you in many different ways including:
- Fulfilling orders and services
- Payment processing and fraud prevention
- Providing customer support
- Sending marketing communications
- Conducting research and analysis
Providing cloud computing infrastructure
Examples of sharing data for legal reasons may include:
- As part of a sale, merger where all or substantially all of its assets are acquired, GetGo customer information will be one of the transferred assets.
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
We may also disclose your personal information to any other third party with your prior consent.
- Responding to your questions and requests. If you contact us with a problem or question, we will use your information to respond.
- We often need to send you Service and administrative emails and messages. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Services, our Service offerings, and important Service related notices, such as security and fraud notices. These emails and messages are considered a necessary part of the Services and you may not opt-out of them.
- We send emails about new products or other news about GetGo. You can always opt out of these.
- We may also use your contact information for our own marketing purposes. You can always opt out of these messages as well.
- We also will send you messages about billing and if we have a need to investigate for any kind of abuse or fraud prevention. We work hard to keep the Services secure for you.
- We occasionally conduct surveys and use such information to better focus our product and personalize the scope of services offered to our customers.
We have referral programs and most of these provide you with email text or links that you may use to send to a friend or colleague.
Accessing Your Data
You can always review, update or change your personal information by accessing your My Account page within the Services. GetGo will also provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information. Please contact us here if you need assistance in updating or reviewing your information. GetGo will respond to your access request to review the information we have on file for you within a reasonable time.
GetGo follows generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. Unfortunately, no security measure is perfect. Keeping your password safe is one of the easiest ways you can manage the security of your account. If you lose control over your password, you may lose control over your personal information.
- Changes to this Statement/Contact Us
From time to time we will update this policy and we will provide notice on the website of the changes. If you continue to use the Services after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. In addition, if another company acquires GetGo or any of its assets we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of those changes.
If you have any other questions about this policy please contact GetGo Privacy Team, or call +1 805 690 6400 or write to us via postal mail at: GetGo, 7414 Hollister Avenue, Goleta, CA 93117. To reach our Global Customer Support department, you may contact us here.