Important Disclaimer: This experimental software is in no way meant to be used in a production environment.
Supported operating systems
- Windows XP x86, x64
- Windows Vista x86, x64
- Windows 7 x86, x64
- Windows 8 x86, x64
Known Issues and Limitations
- A direct TCP connection is required between the sending and receiving computer.
- One workaround for this requirement is to set up a virtual network using LogMeIn Hamachi.
- When connecting by a direct TCP connection you must manually disable Windows Firewall on the remote computer since there will be no automatic popup requesting access.
- Credentials must be entered each time you connect to a device unless the same credentials work on both the sending and receiving devices, such as when both machines are in the same domain.
- Note that Windows by default does not allow remote log in with a blank password. That means this the LogMeIn Remote USB service won't be able to connect using an account with no password. See the following Microsoft article for more info: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=303846
- Vista users: Installing Remote USB on Vista may result in an error message stating that the driver is not signed. To resolve this issue, update the cert store by installing fix KB931125 from the Windows Update site.
The Software is proprietary to LogMeIn and may be protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Therefore, you are only permitted to use the Software as expressly authorized by LogMeIn and these terms. You may not remove any proprietary notices or labels from the Software. You may copy the Software for archival purposes only, provided any copy must contain all of the original Software’s proprietary notices. You may not redistribute, sell, auction, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise reduce the Software to a human-readable form. You may not, reproduce (except for archival purposes), distribute or create derivative works based on the Software without expressly being authorized to do so by LogMeIn. Further, you may not alter, modify, or otherwise attempt to derive source code from the Software or rent, lease, or grant a security interest in, or otherwise transfer rights to, the Software. All rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved to LogMeIn.
Disclaimer of Warranties; Limitation of Liabilities
ANY AND ALL INFORMATION AND SOFTWARE PROVIDED ON THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS," WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT, OR ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE PRACTICE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL LOGMEIN BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS OR REVENUES, COSTS OF REPLACEMENT PRODUCTS OR SERVICE OR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO ANY DATA ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE OR THE SOFTWARE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE, SHALL LOGMEIN BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SOFTWARE, OR YOUR RELIANCE ON THE INFORMATION PRESENT ON THIS WEBSITE, EVEN IF LOGMEIN HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Any and all trademarks, logos, and service marks (collectively the "Trademarks") displayed on this website or the Software itself, are registered and unregistered Trademarks of LogMeIn. Nothing contained herein should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the website or the Software, without the express written permission of LogMeIn or the applicable third party that may own the Trademarks displayed. Your misuse of any Trademarks, except as otherwise provided herein, is strictly prohibited.
We're interested in your feedback. Once you've tried this experimental software, please let us know about your experience at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your feedback will help us define development priorities.